Asara Wine Estate & Hotel is situated amidst vineyards in the Stellenbosch region. Whilst the Estate has been producing wine for many years, the luxury accommodation is a modern affair boasting stunning views over the vines and offers excellent dining and wine tasting.
Accommodation Information select a tab
Facilities & Services
- Swimming Pool with Vineyard views.
- Wine Tasting from the Estate.
- Massage Therapy – To ease the stress of travelling, or just to simply pamper yourself, why not let us arrange for our on-staff qualified masseur Keith Whittle to work out your knots for you in the privacy of your own room or in the Therapist Treatment Room.
Bars & Restaurants
- Asara’s main restaurant, with stunning views from the outside terrace, offers classic European style cuisine ranging from very easy & light snacks to the finest of dishes, using only the finest and freshest locally sourced ingredients, including seafood. The environment is relaxed and informal with a touch of elegance, perfect for enjoying breakfast, lunch or dinner on the estate.
- The Bistro & Tapas @Asara serves light Tapas style meals alongside some more rustic Bistro fare, which allows you to enjoy an array of flavours whilst you try the award winning Asara wines available by the glass.
- Sansibar Cigar & Whisky lounge has a flair of its own… Sit inside the cosy lounge or outside on the relaxing terrace and enjoy the tranquil, spectacular views whilst sipping on a dram of the finest single malt whiskeys or enjoying an indulgent cigar.
The advantage of wine tasting on site, great space and a fantastic family suite leading directly to the swimming pool will appeal to many.
Looking after younger guests
Children’s board games available from reception.
- Children’s menu available
- Bespoke meals on request
Babysitting & Supervised Activities
Babysitting available with advance notice for a charge.
- Classic Deluxe Room – 10 Classic Deluxe Rooms spread throughout the estate. Each stylishly decorated room has its own private balcony or terrace which offers spectacular views over the vineyards and surrounding mountains as well as en-suite bathroom facilities.
- Courtyard Rooms – 4 standard Courtyard Rooms situated in the heart of the main hotel. Each room is open plan with an en-suite bathroom and has its own private terrace overlooking the courtyard area.
- Deluxe Rooms – 18 Deluxe Rooms spread throughout the estate. Each stylishly decorated room has its own private balcony or terrace which offers spectacular views over the vineyards and surrounding mountains as well as en-suite bathroom facilities.
- Honeymoon Suite- This unique three-storey tower is named after Asara’s Flagship wine, the Bell Tower, and will be the perfect end to your special day. A spiral staircase links the spacious king sized bedroom to the luxurious bathroom, and to the lounge area with a romantic roaring fire.
- Executive Suite – The Avalon Suite offers its valued guest a slice of opulence in the heart of the vineyards. The stylishly decorated suite consists of a spacious king sized bedroom with a large walk-in cupboard, a luxurious en-suite bathroom fitted with a jet bath, as well as a private lounge with an open fireplace – perfect for those cold, winter nights. Its private balcony offers spectacular views of the Estate’s well-maintained vineyards as well as panoramic views of the Stellenbosch and Helderberg mountains.
- Family Suite – The Vineyard Suite consists of two stylishly decorated bedrooms, two bathrooms, a communal lounge and a private terrace that offers views of the Estate’s vineyards as well as panoramic views of the Stellenbosch and Helderberg mountains and leads directly down to the swimming pool. Perfect for the whole family, both rooms can either be made up with king sized, or twin beds, whichever bests suits your needs. The main en-suite bathroom has a bath and separate shower, whilst the second bathroom is equipped with a shower.
£160 per adult sharing in a Courtyard Room, on bed and breakfast basis. Valid until 31 Oct 12
Children, Max 1 additional rollaway bed (for ages 5– 12 years) can be placed inside the Deluxe Rooms for which an additional £86 is charged.
Children over 12 years pay the full single rate – within the parents’ room or full room rate in a separate room