The Palace of the Lost City
The Palace is fabled to be the ancient Royal residence of a King until it was destroyed by an earthquake. Now fully restored, this extravagant hotel which stands overlooking the Resort, must offer guests one of the most unique accommodation experiences in the world.
Accommodation Information select a tab
Facilities & Services
Please note: these are inclusive in price unless otherwise stated.
- Pool: Magnificent and extensive ‘Grand Pool’ is available for guests.
- Health Club: Sun City has a fully equipped health club, 11 tennis courts and squash courts, available at a charge.
- Spa: Treatments at the Health Spa, located at he Gary Player Country Club are available at a charge.
- 25 hectares of botanical gardens, threaded with meandering paths, cascades, lakes and pools.
Bars & Restaurants
- Villa del Palazzo, a magnificent waterside restaurant, specialising in northern Italian cuisine, serves Dinner nightly. The Palm Court Lounge provides an ideal location for a pre or post dinner drink.
- The Crystal Court, surrounded by towering floor to ceiling windows with views over the tropical jungle, offers international cuisine at Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
- The Pool Deck & Cocktail Bar serves light lunches and drinks during the day.
- The Tusk Bar, open until the early hours, provides drinks in a relaxed atmosphere in to the early hours and also serves lunch.
Combining luxury and great fun, the Palace will entertain children whilst providing plenty of pampering for parents
Looking after younger guests
- The Grand Adventure Children’s Swimming Pool
- Please see below regarding Kamp Kwena.
- Children’s meals and portion sizes are served at a variety of the 26 restaurants on site at Sun City!
- Bespoke Meals available on request.
Babysitting & Supervised activities
- Babysitting: Thula Baba Babysitting services provide day and night babysitting and supervised outings at a rate of approximately £5 per hour. All staff are trained in First Aid and Fire & Safety.
- Kamp Kwena’s permanent facility is situated near the Cabanas hotel and offers activities such as face painting, magic shows and fun games for children aged 4 – 12 years (younger children can join in if accompanied by a parent or babysitter). Rates are from £4 per morning or afternoon session (4 hours).
All 338 rooms are air conditioned and include mini-bar. Upgrade to larger Luxury Room type also available.
- Standard Rooms are suitable for up to one child in a cot.
- Family Rooms have a King size bed and sleeper couch, accommodating up to 2 children under 18.
Rates from £243 per night per adult sharing, inclusive of Bed & Breakfast in a Luxury Room (valid 04/01/11 – 30/11/12) with 3 night minimum stays during some dated within that period)
- Children under 2 years stay free.
- Children aged 2 – 12 years pay a percentage of the adult breakfast rate only, dependent on their age (payable locally).
- Children aged 13 plus charged 50% room rate
- Children in their own room charged adult rates
Excluding Peak Season
- Reduced Long-Stay rate available for bookings of 3 or 4 nights or longer, dependent on Season.
Note: Please enquire for rates for different Room Types and Seasons and we will compile a detailed quotation for your stay.
Sun International donates 1.5% of after-tax profits towards an extensive corporate social investment programme, including educational and environmental projects. In the locality of Sun City, projects include the construction of special ward at Tapologo Aids Hospice, a local Early Learning Centre, Primary, Middle and High Schools, Health Clinic and Child Protection Centre. The company also contributes annually to the Pilanesburg Wild Life Trust (including sponsorship of the re-introduction of the endangered Wild Dog), works with Bafokeng’s Women’s Club to recycle redundant linen into high quality curios and participates in the Deaf Learners Project, providing hospitality training and careers for staff with hearing impairments.