Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort
Set in over 100 acres of rainforest on the site of an 18th Century sugar plantation, the lushly landscaped grounds of this luxury resort sweep down to a stunning white beach. The plantation’s villas boast elegant plantation styling and afford spectacular views of the Pitons or or Ocean.
Accommodation Information select a tab
Facilities & Services
Please note that the below services are included unless otherwise stated
- Pool: Sparkling outdoor pool with a variety of outdoor lounging areas if you can tear yourself away from the beach.
- Spa: 9427 square foot Rainforest Spa featuring a range of international luxury product lines and locally inspired signature treatments, 7 tree house treatment cabanas and an earthen steam room.
- Non-motorized watersports: Sea kayaking, snorkeling, hobiecat sailing, windsurfing and even night fishing are all offered in the crystal waters of the National Marine Reserve, just a step from the beach. Windsurfing, Sailing, Snorkeling, Kayaking, Hobie Cat, Watersports Lessons and Pedalos are also available.
- For the fitness enthuasists: Yoga, Pilates, On the Ball and Wellness classes, Beach volleyball, Tennis (there are three courts), Caribbean Dance Class, The Jalousie Plantation Rainforest Walk.
- Visits to Soufriere market are offered, Creole classes and organized games nights.
- Non-complimentary Sports: One on one Tennis Lessons, Water skiing, Tubing and Scuba Diving
Restaurants & Bars
- Great Room: Personalized tasting menus are also available nightly and reflect the cultural influences of Jalousie’s expert culinary team. Opens nightly except Friday and Sunday.
- Bayside Cafe: Perfectly located on the Beach. Casual by day, but little more formal by night! Open for breakfast,lunch and dinner.
- The Palm Court Lounge: Classic Colonial ambience. Enjoy afternoon tea, cocktails and savories.
- Bayside Bar: Fine cuisine and drinks on the waters edge (wood-fired pizza’s is their speciality!)
- The Cane Bar: Besides the best selection of rum, those age 18 plus also get to experience decadent cuisine in a top-class setting.
Families will enjoy this stunning location in Saint Lucia for a child-friendly holiday with a superior range of supervised activities. Snorkelling in the bay is likely to be a hit whilst a recommended activity for children outside of the resort is the zip lines at Morne Coubaril estate, just across the road from the resort, which offer the chance for adults and kids 8yrs and up to glide through the rainforest with exhilarating views of the Pitons!
Looking after younger guests
- Facilities of the Children’s Club as below
- Bayside Bar & Restaurant is a good family friendly option with children’s portions for breakfast and a menu available form lunch and dinner.
- Bespoke meals can be provided on request.
- Children under 5 are not charged for their food whilst those under 12 pay reduced rates.
Babysitting & Supervised Activities
- A complimentary Childrens program runs for ages between 5-12yrs. There are glass bottom boat excursions, arts and crafts, volcano and botanical garden tours (fee may apply), as well as fish feeding and shell collecting at the beach. The activities are both fun and educational, teaching children about the flora and fauna surrounding this beautiful Caribbean beach resort. (Children under 5 are also welcome but must be accompanied by a parent, guardian or babysitter.)
- Babysitting services are available at an additional charge; advance reservation is required.
85 luxury rooms and villas each feature air-conditioning, ceiling fan, four-poster bed, iPod docking station, flat-screen television, DVD player, minibar, shower, complimentary internet access, personalised butler service for each ‘cluster’, private patio with plunge pool looking out to one of the most stunning views in the world.
- Luxury Sugar Mill Rooms – Each features a private walled garden and plunge pool and boasts the same plantation elegant styling associated with the resort’s luxury villa category. The 11 Luxury Sugar Mill Rooms are within easy reach of the resort’s Great House, the swimming pool and the white sands of Anse des Pitons. Most have lovely views of Gros Piton across the waters of the Sugar Mill lily pond and the ruins of an 18th century sugar mill.
- Superior Luxury Sugar Mill Rooms – All the same facilities as the Luxury room with the added features and bonus of a private roof terrace — most with ocean and Gros Piton views.
- Luxury Villas – Take in the incredible Piton mountain views or expansive vistas across the waters of Anse des Pitons from your patio or refresh in your private, oversized plunge pool. Sleeps 2
- Superior Luxury Villa – The spacious bedroom, featuring a cloud-like four-poster bed, opens to an adjoining living area with a sofa bed. Terrace & Large plunge pool included.
- Grand Luxury Villa – Ultimate Seclusion! One Bedroom which opens up into a living room with sofa bed. Large terrace and private plunge pool.
- Two bedroom Grand Luxury Villa – Exceptionally spacious! Two rooms, Two terraces and Two Plunge pools! Sleeps six adults or four adults and four children.
- Luxury Beachfront Bungalows – One & Two bedroomed, perfectly located with uninterrupted views of the sparkling Caribbean Sea. Large private Courtyard with outdoor jacuzzi! Sleeps up to 4 adults or 2 adults and 2 children.
- Superior and Grand Villas can sleep up to 2 children on the sofa bed in the sitting room and / or an additional bed can be placed in the main bedroom (max occupany 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children under 12)
- 2 children can also share a Luxury Beachfront Bungalow with 2 bedrooms.
- Two Bedroomed Grand Luxury Villas are a Superior and Grand connected by communal lobby. There is also a door on the patio dividing wall and they make up a stand alone building, ideal for 2 families or extended family travelling together.