The Fancourt Hotel
Set at the foot of the Outeniqua Mountain Range, the prestigious Fancourt is home to four golf courses designed by Gary Player, which capture the beauty of the Garden Route. Complimented by luxurious accommodation, this creates a high quality of resort ideal for those wishing to play golf whilst on holiday.
Accommodation Information select a tab
Facilities & Services
Please note: these are inclusive in price unless otherwise stated.
- Leisure Centre: Extensive indoor heated and outdoor pool ideal for family use.
- Golf: The Estate has four golf courses (reduced green fees for resident guests) including The Montague and Outeniqua, two world class parkland layouts in stunning settings. The Links, host to the Presidents Cup, presents a unique golfing experience reminiscent of the Scottish coast whilst Bramble Hill, a public facility, offers a combination of features.
- Spa: The internationally acclaimed Health & Beauty Spa, complete with Roman baths, gym, sauna and steam rooms, also provides a wide range of professional treatments (for a charge).
- Mini-Cinema: Open for children and adults until mid-evening, showing a selection of films.
Bars & Restaurants
- La Cantina: Located in the historic Manor house, this newly refurbished informal Italian restaurant serves a buffet breakfast and authentic Italian fare in a warm atmosphere during the evenings.
- Le Pecheur: Situated in the main Club House, offers freshly prepared seafood dishes in a relaxed open-kitchen setting for dinner.
- Bramble Lodge: Located next to the Links Clubhouse, offers relaxed and intimate dining incorporating global fusion cuisine.
- Henry White’s: (Formerley Sansibar) Situated in the Manor House, serves modern African cuisine in the evening.
- Morning Glory: Overlooking the 1st tee of the Outeniqua Golf Couse, serves health meals and light snacks during the day.
- The Deli Shop is also open for snacks and sandwiches.
With flexible accommodation choices, a tranquil Spa and excellent children’s facilities, family harmony for golfers is ensured!
Looking after younger guests
- Please see below for details regarding the Children’s Club.
- Children’s Menu available at La Cantina from 6.30 pm and Room Service.
- Meals from the Deli are served at the Children’s Club.
Babysitting & Supervised activities
- Babysitting: In-house staff provide baby-sitting services.
- Children’s Club: Year round Kids Club offering great facilities and activity programme including arts & crafts, supervised swimming, table toys, stories etc, run by qualified staff (all have first aid). This is for a very reasonable charge for children aged 3 plus whilst under 3’s can also enjoy the facilities if accompanied by a parent or babysitter.
- Golf Lessons: Available for children aged 6 and above.
Luxurious rooms or set in villas in the gardens, come equipped with air conditioning, tea & coffee making facilities, and private bar.
The newly refurbished Manor House with 18 rooms is also now available, but restricted to Adults only.
- Luxury Rooms are spacious, and overlook the Outeniqua Mountains, Gardens or Golf warm up area.
- One-bedroom Garden Suites with separate lounge area and balcony or terrace, can accommodate up to one child under 12 on a bed.
- Two-bedroom Garden Suites provide an ideal family ‘home from home’ with lounge and small kitchenette.
Rates from £127 per night per adult sharing, inclusive of Bed & Breakfast in a Standard Room (valid 01/10/11 – 31/03/12). Supplement of £79 for an Upgraded 1-Bedroom Garden Suite.
- Children sharing a Suite with parents are only charged for meals locally.
- Children in their own room charged adult rate
Please enquire regarding the availability of special Golf & Spa packages as these are frequently released.
Note: Please enquire for rates for different Room Types and Seasons and we will compile a detailed quotation for your stay.
The Fancourt Foundation promotes the economic and social improvement of the George area, supporting educational institutions through donations for much needed facilities and providing bursaries, scholarships and training. However, it also provides support to organisations such as a Street Kids project, Night shelter and local Primary Schools as part of its social outreach programme.