Sandibe Safari Lodge
Sandibe Okavango Safari Lodge is situated in a remote wilderness area in the southeastern Okavango Delta, right on the southern tip of Chief’s Island and offers exellent safaris by road, water or on foot.
Accommodation Information select a tab
Facilities & Services
- In the heart of the camp, tucked under the forest canopy, is the soaring sitting and dining area with quiet decks affording views across the waterways.
- A shaded swimming pool and well-stocked Safari Shop are close by.
- Pan African dinners are prepared and served in the open boma that boasts a unique charcoal-cooled wine cellar.
- Morning, afternoon/early evening safari drives in open 4×4 safari vehicles, boating and mekoro (dugout canoe) excursions.
- Birdwatching is excellent here.
Bars & Restaurants
- The camp vary dining form the main area to the boma as well as bush dinners or breakfasts
- One central bar for drinks
All children are welcome at the camp but due to its location it maybe more suitable for older children.
Looking after younger guests
- Videos, colouring books, etc. are available for children.
- Some games available in the guest area
- Lodge has a pool but parents must supervise their children when using the pool as there are no life guards.
Early dinners for children are always available but the lodge do not have a children’s menu and meals are arranged with the chef on arrival.
Babysitting & Supervised Activities
- Shortened game drives (free of charge) can be arranged subject to vehicle availability
- Childminders are available in the evenings, as well as during game drives, but are subject to the following conditions: Must be booked on the day of arrival at the lodge. Must be paid directly at the lodge upon departure (R20 or USD5 per hour)
Please note the camp is not fenced and wildlife can wonder through camp.
- Eight intimate African-inspired cottages with ensuite bathroom, twin hand basin, separate w.c and outdoor shower and dressing area.
- The cottages are airy with all windows covered in gauze to maximise views of the forest.
- Each cottage has an elevated viewing deck which is perfect for intimate candlelit dinners.
- An extra bed can be arranged for a child sharing its parents’ suite.
- No more than 1 triple in camp at any one time.
- Please note there are no inter-leading rooms here.
The rates start from £363 per person sharing (valid 07/01/12 – 29/02/12, 11/11/12 – 20/12/12 ).
- Children aged 5 and under stay free
- Children 6-16 years pay 50% of adult rates
- If three children share a room then the first child pay full adult rate
- Children 5 years and younger cannot participate in the regular game drives and mekoro activities.
- Children 16 years and older can participate in guided walks and mekoro activities.
- Children aged 6 to 11 years are accommodated on game drives at the lodge manager’s discretion.