Mowani Mountain Camp
This gem of a lodge is located in the heart of Damaraland with spectacular views of the surrounding landscapes. The Lodge features some unique thatched suites and occupies an ideal location from which to seek out the elusive but special Desert Elephants of Namibia.
Accommodation Information select a tab
Facilities & Services
- Pool deck lodged between the boulders.
- Activities include guided nature drives in search of the Desert Elephant and hiking.
- Excursions to the Organ Pipes, Twyfelfontein Bushman Paintings and Petrified Forests for an additional charge.
Bars & Restaurants
- The lodge has a central dining area for all meals.
- The boma is ideal for drinks round a crackling fire or pool deck during the day.
This lodge is located in a stunning area of Damaraland with spectacular views and an ideal location from where you can explore the area with the family.
The Lodge aims to cater for each child’s individual needs. However, Mowani is very remote and we ask parents to please let us know at the time of booking if their children would require any special meals or would like to dine earlier in the evenings so we can advise in advance.
Babysitting & Supervised Activities
Please note that babysitting cannot be provided and so parents are ask to supervise their children at all times.
- There are snakes and scorpions in the area and parents are requested to make
sure that their children do not put their hands in little nooks and crannies.
- The Camp is surrounded by boulders which can be slippery and are full of creatures. Parents are therefore kindly requested to make sure that their children do not jump and leap on the boulders.
- The lodge is not fenced and there are from time to time elephants in camp when guests are required to remain in their rooms until they have moved on.
- 12 Twin bedded, tented accommodation with en-suite facilities and decorated in East African style all benefit from a wooden deck. View Tents face the West with distant views whilst Standard Tents face the East or North East and a view into a valley.
- 1 Luxury Room, which is a double bedded, thatched rondavel, partly with canvas walls, en-suite facilities and West
- A luxury thatched suite with butler service, private lounge equipped with a satellite television and CD music centre, private dining and bar facilities, a double room with en-suite bathroom as well as a bush bath and shower with a view.
- Children under the age of 12 can be accommodated in a special ‘Kiddies Tent’ (igloo tent) erected next to the parents’ tent or one child can be accommodated on a camp bed inside the parents’ tent (but space will be limited!).
- The suite and luxury room can also accommodate children.
Rates start from £175 per person sharing a Standard Tent on a Dinner, Bed and Breakfast basis (valid 01/01/11 – 31/10/12).
- Free of charge for children under the age of 3 years
- £105 per child (3 – 12 years) in a kiddies tent or sharing with adults
- Children older than 12 years in an adults tent pay full adult rates.
- The above rates for children include all three meals.