Hunters Country House
Guests at Hunters are accommodated in luxurious thatched and cape colonial style cottages, nestled in beautiful gardens surrounding the original homestead. The hotel, well located in the centre of the Garden Route, is also renowned for its personalised service and attention to detail.
Accommodation Information select a tab
Facilities & Services
Please note: these are inclusive in price unless otherwise stated.
- Pool: Attractive pool set in the lovely gardens.
- Gardens: Including forest trails (1.7 km), bird watching, garden walks and picnics on the estate.
- Boules Court.
- Beauty Treatments: Aromatherapy, massage and reflexology available on request in the privacy of your suite.
Bars & Restaurants
- Breakfast is served in the Conservatory
- Light lunches can be enjoyed by the pool side or on the sunny patios
- An extensive a’la carte menu can be enjoyed at their award winning Zinzi restaurant (on the estate but a short walk through the gardens from the hotel) at Tsala Treetops. Bookings are essential!
- Honour bar in Homestead
- A superb room service menu must be mentioned, which can be enjoyed on your private terrace complete with crisp table linen.
Flexible accommodation with inter-leading rooms combined with the magical Cub’s Corner, a wonderful play area for young children as well as teens, makes this an excellent choice for parents seeking a 5 star retreat welcoming of all ages.
Looking after younger guests
- The wonderful ’Cub’s Corner’ is ideal for younger guests, with paddling pool (for under 8’s), thatched sandpit, jungle gym and own cottage with playroom.
- Teen Zone includes pool table, books, DVD machine, dartboard, arts and crafts scrap booking station and big screen TV.
- Children’s menu served in the Conservatory at 6.30 – 7.00 pm, Cub’s Corner and on Room Service. This is also available at the Summerhouse during the Summer.
- Bespoke Meals on request.
Babysitting & Supervised activities
- Babysitting: Hotel staff or Professional agency staff can be employed to look after children in the rooms or Cub’s Corner.
23 cottages and suites nestle discreetly in the landscaped gardens of the Estate. Each are individually and stylishly decorated, have a private bar and terrace leading on to the gardens. Orchard cottages have air conditioning and are situated near the swimming pool whilst Garden cottages have an open thatched roof, fixed fan and larger, more private outside spaces.
- Standard Rooms can accommodate a cot for a child under the age of 2 years.
- Premier, Classic and a Forest Suites (the latter two have private gardens and small swimming pools) can also accommodate a cot and/or a stretcher bed for a child under 10.
- Several Orchard and Garden cottages have two interlinking bedrooms, creating ideal family accommodation for up to 2 additional children.
- A Premier and the Forest Suite can also be interlinked for the most spacious combination.
Rates from £111 per night per adult sharing, inclusive of Bed & Breakfast in an Garden Cottage. (valid till 31/10/12)
Rates are from £143 per adult sharing between 31/10/12 – 31/12/12.
- Child under 0 – 9 years free of charge in low season
- Children aged 2 – 11 years from £42 per night outside of low season
- Children in their own room generally charged adult rate, but please enquire about several exceptions in respect of some suites with a second smaller bedroom
Please see our offers page or enquire about any recent offers.
Note: Please enquire for rates for different Room Types and Seasons and we will compile a detailed quotation for your stay.
Hunter Hotels support the local community in terms of advertising positions locally. They also make donations in support of Harkerville Primary School and will be opening a crèche facility for staff which will later be open to applications from the local community.
How I sent my children wild in South Africa
Rosie Millard travelled with her 4 children for The Times, including a stay at Hunter’s. Click here to read the full feature.