Conrad Maldives Rangali Island
Relaxation begins from the moment you arrive at the departure lounge for your sea plane transfer. The contemporary resort, set across two islands linked by walkway, boasts a vast array of both restaurants and leisure facilities ensuring the needs of all fortunate guests are met.
Accommodation Information select a tab
Facilities & Services
- Swimming pool: Pool on the ocean front with stepped entrance and separate toddler pool.
- Tennis court: Use of the floodlit tennis court with rackets and balls.
- Watersports: Complimentary snorkelling can be enjoyed on the house reef which can be accessed directly from the hotel or organised (payable locally) trips can also be arranged. Sailing, windsurfing, kayaking, water bicycles are available from the boat house as well as motorised sports such as banana boats and glass bottom boat sailings – this is a boat with a difference! (motorised activities for a charge). The Drive centre offers PADI courses, payable locally.
- Fitness Centre: With floor to ceiling windows offering Ocean views and a Fitness Studio where a range of classes are held for a charge.
- Spa: The Spa Retreat provides holistic health care and education as well as a Beauty & Hair Salon (special Spa Villas with their own treatment areas are also available in this section of the Resort), whilst the Over Water Spa Retreat offers rooms with views of the blue beyond and beneath.
- Games Room: Offering billiards and a selection of board games and DVD’s.
Bars & Restaurants
- Atoll Market: An interactive, ‘feet in the sand’ experience by the beach and pool area incorporating 8 display kitchens offering a combination of Delhi, Asian, Japanese, Italian, Indian Foods as well as bakery and desserts, open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Ithaa Undersea Restaurant: One of the only undersea restaurants of its kind, the cuisine is dedicated to a fine balance of western cuisine fused with Maldivian flavours. Set menu’s are provided for lunch and dinner (no children in the evenings) or visit for cocktail hour.
- Vilu Restaurant: Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, contemporary Mediterranean cuisine with an Asian twist can be enjoyed, with a focus on pairing the perfect wine with the food.
- The Sunset Grill: Set on stilts above a coral reef, diners can enjoy a selection of mouth-watering seafood in a relaxed open-air environment during the evening.
- Mandhoo Spa Restaurant: Well-balanced cuisine full of flavour can be enjoyed here for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Koko Grill: Set beside the lagoon, guests are seated around the grill where chefs prepare Japanese style Teppanyaki for a dining experience commencing at 8 pm.
- The Wine Cellar: A weekly gastronomic 5-course dinner is served in this atmospheric setting, hosted by the Resort Sommelier and Chef.
- Rangali Bar: This meeting place at the heart of the resort is open from 10 am until late.
- Vilu Bar: Offering a romantic setting overlooking the lagoon with a selection of creating and tempting Martinis and trendy range of tapas and snacks from Noon.
- The Wine Bar: Providing the ultimate wine & cheese experience with a tempting choice of premium wines by the glass or bottle as well as 101 different kinds of cheeses.
The Majaa children’s club, meaning ‘play’ or ‘have fun’ in Dhivehi offers the chance for children to meet others and enjoy games during the day (or even enjoy treatments in the special children’s spa!) as well as join in themed parties during the evening. Up to 2 children can share beach villas with their parents.
h3.Looking after younger guests
- Toys and ‘Splash Pad’ water play area in the kids club
- Children’s shallow pool beside the Main Pool
- A selection of family DVDs in the Library
- Children’s menu served on room service, in the restaurants
- High chairs available.
- Bespoke meals available upon request.
Babysitting & Supervised activities
- Majaa is open for children age 3 – 12 years from 8:30 am – 12 noon, 1:00 pm – 6:00 pm and in the evening from 8:00 pm – 10:00 pm when themed parties are arranged during Peak Season (charge for evening event applicable). It offers a range of activities from cooking and crafts to games and sports.
- A unique ‘Ice Cream Spa’ allows very lucky children (boys too!) to enjoy a facial, manicure / pedicure, massage, face / nail art or tattoo! These treatments are for a charge.
- Babysitters can also be arranged for a charge.
150 air-conditioned villas offer tea & coffee and mini-bar facilities and feature CD players, Satellite TV with DVD.
79 Beach (up to 150 square metres) and Deluxe Beach Villas (up to 300 square metres) are located on Rangalifinolhu Island and boast open-air showers and a thatched bathing pavilion. From your private terrace it is only a short stroll on to the soft sand. Deluxe Villas also feature a stunning glass surround with privacy afforded by electric blinds and the lush foliage of your private garden which showcases a private jetted plunge pool.
The 21 stunning Spa Water Villas (130 square metres) located in the Spa Retreat offer panoramic Ocean views and a treatment room for private pampering.
28 Water Villas (74 square metres) are built on stilts over the lagoon and feature a private sun deck. The Ocean view bathtubs complete the tranquil experience. 12 Superior Water Villas also benefit from a private outdoor Jacuzzi whilst 6 Deluxe Water Villas (115 square metres) in addition feature a 4-poster bed and spacious sitting area and dressing room. The 2 Premier Water Villas (119 square metres) have the same facilities but also a second Jacuzzi in the bathroom with in-built satellite TV and Pharo shower.
The 2 Sunset Water Villas (250 square metres) offer the ultimate in luxury and total privacy. The living area features a glass floor whilst the bedroom show cases a circular bed that can rotate 180 degrees. An alfresco Jacuzzi and private pool complete the picture of one of the most extravagant experiences in the Maldives available for a fortunate few.
- Cots are available
- Up to 2 children age 0 – 12 in a cot or bed can share a Beach or Deluxe Beach Villa
- 1 child age 13 plus can share a Beach or Water Villa.
Rates from £195 per adult sharing on a Bed & Breakfast basis in a Beach Villa (valid 01/11/11 – 23/12/12) Rates do vary according to season.
- Child under 2 sharing pays just local bed tax of £6 per night.
- Children age 2 – 11 sharing pay £100.
Please enquire about the latest offers
- Stay 5 Pay for 4 / Stay 7 Pay 6. You also receive complimentary Upgrade to Half Board and Kids Eat and Sleep for free! Valid 03/04/12 – 23/12/12
- Honeymooners who visit within 12 months of their wedding date will receive one half-day excursion, one candelight three course dinner and fruit basket with champange on arrival. Minimum 4 night stay required all year round.
The Conrad Maldives Rangali Island recently organised an internal recycling competition.
Many team members presented beautiful creations and it was very difficult to select the winner among a bike made by old pens, a vase made of bleach bottles, a miniature of the kids club built in an old suitcase. The competition ended up with having 5 winners, one per category: most practical, best design, most bizarre, most creative and The Ripon Award which was awarded by Ripon our waste management expert